Friday, March 25, 2011

Aging

When the hell did I get older?  Just the other day I was in my early twentties and my only concerns were about partying and my social life.  Now I'm 30, working full time, griping about bills and preferring to stay home versus getting dolled up to "be seen" out at a bar.  Whaaaaaaat?

My friends that I thought would never mature are now wives and mothers.  Granted, children don't bring maturity, but most of my friends seem to have found it along the way.  It is hard to reconcile the girl I knew that danced on tables to the woman who now attends PTA!  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad a mother isn't out shaking her rear cheeks anymore, but when did we all change?

What the heck have I been doing that I've missed this?  Isn't 30 a little too young to be this creeped out by nostalgia?

2 comments:

  1. Wait until your dearest friend from elementary school points out that you have been out of junior high for over 20 years. Sad, sad day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't old, you just have an old soul. :)

    ReplyDelete