Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday = Food Day

Most Fridays at work, our office orders in a lunch to share or brings in snacks.  Sometimes we invent occasions, sometimes there are actual ones to celebrate.  One co-worker completed her tenth year with the state, so we had to eat in honor of this milestone!

I opted for a giant chocolate chip cookie.  This is one of my favorite desserts and probably the reason I porked up every summer.  Mom's friend used to bring this everywhere and now I've stolen it as my own.  It's gotten popular with other friends and have been asked to share the recipe.  I thought I would post it here, so my sister has it to make when I come home to visit!  Assuming she still reads this...


Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie

1 box French vanilla cake mix

2 eggs
½ cup oil
½ tsp vanilla
½ bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease (a spray like Pam) round pizza pan (the disposable pans are great) and set aside.

In a medium bowl, stir together cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla. Once mixed, add chocolate chips. With your hands, press dough into the greased pan until evenly spread. Bake for 15-17 minutes until top turns golden. Remove and let cool before eating.

Enjoy!!  And remember, I love this and you should all invite me over next time you make it.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, Kitty. Anything for your highness. :)

    ReplyDelete