Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cowboy Take Me Away

More like, cowboy, where are you taking me?  Hopefully if someone is taking you somewhere, you at least know their first name.  This song sounds like a rape victim waiting to happen. 

Gunpowder and Lead...now that is a song I can get behind. 

I should take up song writing.  Or at least become a lyricist.  My songs would be more middle road...like:

You're cute, but I don't trust you yet. 
And don't hug me, when you're covered in sweat.

Or...

I'll flirt with you, but I'm gonna balk
Until I have time for your Facebook stalk
(honestly, how else do you do your research nowadays?)

How about...

I'm not your mom and I'm not your spouse
So try and clean your own damn house

Here I am...a bunch of wasted talent!

2 comments:

  1. LOL to the max!!!!! You are cracking me up. Don't let your talent for the written word go to waste! You write the song, I'll sing it in autotune and we will make our millions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! Ok, so Cowboy Take Me Away was our young naive college years. Now a days, I blare Gunpowder and Lead when I don't have young impressionable ears in the car with me.
    Your talents are very wasted.

    ReplyDelete