Friday, November 13, 2009

Pretending

I love this comic, really I do. Soup to Nutz is back again!



It got me thinking about pretending. We all pretend a little bit. I pretend to like the people I speak to on the phone at work, because I'm paid to do that. I pretend to be interested in stories I've heard a thousand times, because it is obvious that the story teller lives off the glory of their past. I pretend to agree with friends sometimes, because it's easier than disagreeing. I pretend not to know secrets that I've been told. That's hard for me.

Let's face it, pretending is a polite form of lying. But why do I pretend? I guess some people can't handle reality, or my reality isn't appropriate for the situation. Is it wrong? I don't know. I don't suppose I choose to change anything about it. But hey, it's my blog, I can be introspective if I want! :)

I guess the worst is lying to yourself. But I'm ok with that. In fact, I use that to my advantage. The grass is NEVER greener on the other side, because I don't want it to be. I'm convinced retirement is full of financial struggles and boredom. No thanks, I don't mind working now! I'm convinced vegans don't get enough necessary nutrients and are often sick, so I'll stick with my beef and chicken and eggs! And after living with Adam and David, I'm convinced men are slobs by nature and now I'm not so sad to be single!

No comments:

Post a Comment