Friday, April 15, 2011

C is for Cat

I was running late this morning and I had a terrible headache.  The nausea from the headache made brushing my teeth a gag marathon.  Short story - bad morning. 

So on the way to work, I put on a song that made me feel peppy and slurped away at my morning coffee.  Less than halfway to work a cat dashed across the road.  I slammed on my brakes and tried to avoid him...or her.  Without reliving the horror, let's just say I wasn't able to avoid the cat and I hit him...or her. 

I didn't see it behind me and I didn't see it run off.  So now I know I have mortally injured this poor creature.  I cried the rest of the way to work and at my desk a little bit.  I told the story twice today and cried both times.  Now I'm out of tissues and my headache has come back.

There's nothing like an accident to make you feel like a horrible person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment