Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My next room...

I love my spare room.  It's all navy and white with a few light green accents.  It's so precious.  So while I love my spare room, I'm already planning its next makeover.

I saw the movie "Paris After Midnight" with Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams a few months ago.  I remember their hotel room had so much white and ivory with pretty purple toile all over.  It looked all airy and relaxing.  Like this...



Okay, they don't look entirely relaxed, it's a weird scene, but trust me, the room was pretty.  I'd love to use white accents all over the place with a more lavender toile.

 
So pretty!!  Don't you just want to lie in the shade near a French lavender field, sip on a wine spritzer and nibble on cheese?  I sure do.



For as much as the French are reputed to drink, I can't believe how straight these rows are!

So easily distracted...

Anyway, to keep my lavender toile more contemporary and less Mee Maw like, I want to add another color.  And probably stripes.  I love busy prints with stripes.  It may be cliche, but since it will be in my house, I don't really care what you all think.  :)  I think a grassy green would be fun with lavender, since that is essentially what a lavender bush is...green and purple.  But all I can think is Barney.  The sky blue from the pic above would be fun to incorporate, but it screams baby nursery to me.  Pastels are all rejected for the same reason.  Red and orange make me feel too violent.  I googled striped fabric, saw grey and thought...PERFECT!!




Chevron could be good too.  But I'd need to pair them together and stare a while before I commit.  I could make some grey silk pillows.  Ooohhhhh.  Pair this all with white furniture and add a couple pops of bright silver.  Or clear glass.  Or incorporate my green in this manner.  I am sure if or when I do this, I'll change my mind 100 more times about the accents.  But that is half the fun of decorating!
 BLADET Vase, clear glass Diameter: 7 ¾ " Height: 11 "  Diameter: 20 cm Height: 28 cm

I need more rooms and more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment